Pop-Up Shabbat: Moo Shu Jew (Sat. 12.21.13, Brooklyn)
In 1935, The New York Times documented the first instance of a Chinese restaurant owner bringing food to Newark Jews on Dec. 25.
Nearly 80 years later Christmas isn’t Christmas with General Tso and his army of deep fried chicken.
Maybe it’s solidarity. Maybe we’re just suckers for MSG and a rom-com.
- the Freelancer’s Union for the sunny space
- Dassara Ramen, Brooklyn Wine Exchange, and Bread Talk for the tasty eats
- Rafael Balulu and The Light Surgeons for the films
- Two Arms, Inc. for the classy design work
- and Melissa Dain, Andrew Shults, Elka Gruenberg, Ariella Cheskis-Gold, Katie Tilson, Raymond Colletti, and Nick West for everything else